Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Book Review: Must Love Dogs - Claire Cook

Normally, I try to read the book before I watch the movie because we all know the books are better, right? So wait, thinking about it....maybe I shouldn't do that since Hollywood takes its liberties....maybe it is actually better to see the movie, THEN read the book? Yes? No? Your thoughts?



From the GoodReads website: "Ready to put her divorce behind her, Sarah Hurlihy is not sure where she's headed, or if she'll survive the journey. It takes a few wrong men--and some tangles with a St. Bernard--before Sarah appreciates the riotous ride she's on. Now a major motion picture starring Diane Lane ("Under the Tuscan Sun")."

Anyway, I saw the movie YEARS ago and I liked it. Recently, I decided to read (or attempt to) all the books on a top 100 chick lit book list that I found, and a similar one with the top 100 authors. This book killed two birds with one stone and I'm so glad I came across the list because I was able to add another author to my list of want-to-read-more-from-them.

I liked it. I liked Sarah's character, even if she was confused most of the time. I had already watched the movie before reading the book, but it was so long ago, that I don't really remember it. My favorite character is probably Sarah's dad, he's such a lovable cad! And the rest of the characters just felt like real people, people that I might know. They were very well written. I look forward to reading the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment