Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Book Review: Happily Ever After - Elizabeth Maxwell

I was contacted by the publisher directly to ask if I was interested in receiving a copy of this book in return for a review. Again, free? Absolutely! I have one other book from the same publisher that I hope to read soon, and I also hope that I hear from them again!





From the GoodReads website: "In this witty, sexy tale, an erotic novelist meets the fictional hero of her most recent book in real life, and must decide whether she wants to get him back between the pages—or between her sheets.At forty-six, Sadie Fuller’s life isn’t exactly romantic. A divorced, overweight, somewhat sexually frustrated mother of an eleven-year-old, she lives in the suburbs, shops the big box stores, makes small talk with her small-minded neighbors, and generally leads a quiet life. But while her daughter is at school, or when Sadie is up late at night, she writes erotic fiction under the name KT Briggs. 

Then, during a routine shopping trip, Sadie runs into someone familiar…too familiar, in fact. She encounters an incredibly handsome man exactlylike the one in her imagination—and her latest novel. Is Aidan Hathaway really one of her characters? And if so, what is he doing in Target? As Sadie tries to negotiate this strange new world, her eyes begin to open to romantic possibilities in places she never dreamed of looking... places where Happily Ever After might not be so far-fetched after all."

A book about an author whose characters turn up in reality? Awesome! Not something I've come across before with all the books that I've read. So entertaining, and I would love to read more like this. 

The MCs were well developed and felt like people that I might know, with the exception of the fictional characters that came into reality, of course. The plot was so fun, it made me want to be a part of the story. :)

I loved the characters, even the snoopy next door neighbor. Even though she irritated me, I was able to feel bad for her once Sadie caught her spying on them at Central Park. For a while, I thought Gretta, the housekeeper, was behind Clarissa, but that turned out not to be. And I loved, absolutely loved, that Lily decided to do what was best for her and go her own path. Turns out the story had two strong female leads. :) 

Definitely add this to your to read list, it's perfect for a vacation, a day at the beach, or pretty much any time you want an entertaining read.

No comments:

Post a Comment