Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Book Review: License to Spill by Lisi Harrison

When can I get the next book?! 

The ending in this one wasn't as abrupt as the first book, but still left a HUGE cliffhanger as far as how the last bit with Jagger is going to play out. And I have to say, I'm really proud of Sheridan, she wasn't my favorite in the first book, and even though her obsession with being on film is still a little annoying, I like her a whole lot more after this book. 

I love epistolary books and this one is another one to add to the list, especially when it's in a diary or journal format. I feel like you get to know the character(s) on a more intimate level than if they're narrating the story. Maybe because the whole idea of a journal or diary is that it's supposed to be private and the writer doesn't censor their thoughts. 

I'm excited to read the next book and find out how they become nominated as the Phoenix Five. 

18656393

From the GoodReads website, "Three girls, two guys, five secret journals.

The five most popular students at Noble High have secrets to hide; secrets they wrote down in their journals. Now one of their own exposes the private entries...

When our parents were growing up they were encouraged to make mistakes. That's how they learned. But us? Our mistakes go viral. There is no delete button on the Internet. What kind of future do we have if we can't escape our embarrassing pasts? I must come off as quite the hypocrite; complaining about our overexposed lives in a book of secret journals I have leaked. But these pages hold proof of how this pressure affects the "best" of us... so until the heat's turned down, keep reading."

No comments:

Post a Comment