Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Rain, rain, go away....

It seems lately that every time it rains anymore, it's a full-blown storm. What ever happened to the nice, peaceful rain that just fell without the need to announce its impending presence with thunder and lightning? The weather has just been so crazy lately. And while I try to act like storms don't bother me, they do, oh yes they do. That is why I am up now, at 1:30 in the morning - because I seem to think that if I'm up and able to watch the outside world, nothing terrible will happen. Where does this rationalization come from??

We were getting that crazy, non-stop ligtning earlier that reminds me of a strobe light. To me, that's scary lightning - tornado lightning. It stopped, but after pulling up the radar from The Weather Channel online, I don't like the looks of the orange, red, dark red blob coming this way. So I tell myself I'll stay up for it and see it through and all will be fine....I hope. :)

Something to (sort of) take my mind off of this - I started to read Caprice Crane's new book, With A Little Luck.  I had been anxiously waiting for the library to get it in all summer because of all the positive things I've heard about her other books. She's a favorite author, and friend of one of my favorite authors (Jen Lancaster) so that just further hyped me up. *Sigh*

I started reading it the other day and I gave it 79 pages. 79 pages! That's double what I normally give a book I can't get into. And I don't know what the problem is, there are some great one-liners in there that would make me chuckle to myself. But I just couldn't get too involved with the main character Berry. I guess I thought she was kind of......I don't know, whiny, in a way. (Somebody PLEASE tell me if I EVER start to sound whiny.....or if I already have!!!) I just didn't care for the character. Or maybe I've been reading too much YA lately and am not quite in the mood for anything else. I don't know.

Ok, well, that's all - sounds like the worst of the storm is about to hit. I think I'll go watch it out the window. Kind of like a in-your-face challenge to the storm. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment