Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

One of those days....

Ever have one of those days where you could sleep the entire day away? That's been my day. I hate days like this, I feel like I've wasted a precious commodity. I've been awake maybe nine or ten hours of the day today, and I'm not sick! (Or at least, I hope I'm not.)

Ugh, anyway, going back to my first post - I did eventually find the bat. But it wasn't for several hours. Since Chad was coming over, I closed the windows and turned the air on for him. He looked everywhere he could think of for it and never found it. So we left, went out for dinner and a little grocery shopping. When we got back (around 7ish) he was sitting at the dining room table, surfing the web. I came up behind him to look at something and happened to look out the window - where I noticed something in the upper right hand corner that wasn't normally there. At first I thought maybe a leaf was stuck to the screen outside. But then it dawned on to me that it looked particularly upside down bat shaped. And I said, "Nuh-uh!" Chad was like, "What?" And I told him, "I found the bat!" And I told him where to look and he thought for sure I was seeing wrong, until he got up and walked over there to see.



Sure enough, it was my little friend. The poor thing was wedged up under the top window in between the screen and the window. I hadn't noticed him earlier because the windows do not open all the way up, there's a good two inch space between the top of the window and the top of the window well. So I was right in my thinking that he was somewhere in the dining room/kitchen area. And the scitchy scratchy noises I kept hearing probably was the bat. It was probably trying to find a comfortable way to get up in that spot.

So I knocked on the glass right by it and it didn't move. This alarmed me thinking the poor thing has been trapped there for the better part of the day. But then I also thought, maybe it was sleeping. So after a short discussion on how to catch it, Chad and I raised the window up. He was holding a towel against the window in case it was scared into flight. And I had a shoe box to trap it in.

But it was freaking sound asleep! Because of the window not going all the way up, I couldn't get to him with the box. I tried pounding on the window to wake him up and that didn't work. So I grabbed a rubber spatula and prodded at him a little bit. He woke up finally but wouldn't get out of that spot. And he wasn't liking that spatula. I couldn't quite get him without possibly hurting him so I kept trying to get him to bite the spatula with the hopes that I could kind of pull him out while his teeth were sunk into the rubber. And boy did I piss him off, he was screeching at me and biting that spatula like there was no tomorrow. But he wasn't budging!

So I finally had to get a little more forceful with him and he moved out, but he kept inching along the top part of the screen just behind the window. It was so frustrating. But I felt bad for him at the same time because we literally scared the piss out of the poor little guy! I'm not kidding, as he's inching along the screen you could see liquid dribbling down from him.

Anyway, after 20 minutes of fighting with him, going back and forth between the corners and trapping him once only to have him get free of the box and scrabble back up to the top - we finally caught him! Chad took him outside and (I kinda feel bad for the bat about this) flung it on the ground away from him. After the bat got its bearings, it took off.

LOL, I think Chad was kind of scared of it and it made me laugh. He's supposed to be the man and here he was freaking out over a little bat. Too funny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment