Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Book Review: Rebel Belle - Rachel Hawkins

Ok, so Haper, the main character, in the beginning, was the teeniest bit annoying with all her needing to be perfect and staying busy. But getting more into the story, I totally understood her need to be that way. And there were some things that happened that I didn't see coming, so that was cool. 

I really find myself digging these paranormal YA stories more and more with each one that I read. I read Rachel Hawkins' other series, Hex Hall, and thought that was great too. And with the way this book ended, I'm saying bring on the next one! 

The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because, while it would make a totally awesome movie or TV series, there were some parts that felt a little over done to me. Other than that, loved it.

21863335

From the GoodReads website, "Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.

Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him--and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth.

With snappy banter, cotillion dresses, non-stop action and a touch of magic, this new young adult series from bestseller Rachel Hawkins is going to make y'all beg for more."

No comments:

Post a Comment